I have some applications where the Valid_If c...

I have some applications where the Valid_If condition was written as: IN([_this], SELECT(TableName[ColumnName], condition)). These expressions worked fine but when we try to modify them the error “Unable to find column _this” appear. The solution seems to be just to remove the IN formula and write: SELECT(TableName[ColumnName], condition).

Will the first formulation remain valid or do we need to upgrade all formulas written in the first way? Thanks!

0 9 353
9 REPLIES 9

@Matteo_Menghetti

With this expression, are you trying to create a dropdown or trying to validate the user’s entry?

Create a dropdown

Then you need to remove the IN expression from your formula

Ooook thank you! Any idea on why this has worked so far?

A single IN(…) expression creates a dropdown but you are trying to create a concatenation of 2 lists. Therefore

IN(…) + SELECT(…) won’t work where SELECT(…) + SELECT(…) OR LIST(…) + LIST(…) will work

Not tried before but it might work with:

LIST(IN(…)) + SELECT (…)

Thank you for this use case I take note!!! Actually in the formula on the picture is like IN(…, SELECT()+SELECT()). So you cannot concatenate 2 or more list inside the IN statement, am I right?

@Matteo_Menghetti

IN expression’s 2nd parameter is a LIST. So it’s possible to create an expression like this:

IN([ColumnName], (SELECT(…) + SELECT(…)))

Thank Levent but then I am a bit confused… why are we getting this error?

@Matteo_Menghetti

You shall specify your column’s name rather than [_THIS] expression. Therefore you’re receiving that error message.

Top Labels in this Space