I have three tables and those are linked toge...

I have three tables and those are linked together through “ref” column.

Parent (primal) table is linked to Child table through one particular column using “ref”.

And this column is set “Is part of = True” as well.

In the same way, Child table is linked to Sub-Child (3rd) table, using the exactly same way, i.e. Ref column.

I create the workflow to send email with template.

When I added syntax to capture data coming from those three table, Appsheet could not capture value from the Sub-Child table, while it is possible from Child column using by virtual column which is “list” value.

The Sub-Child table are referred to by using virtual column sitting on Child table instead of primal (parent table), as Child / Sub Child is linked together.

Is it possible to capture the data (listed items/column) from Sub-Child table on this scenario?

0 4 505
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @tsuji_koichi, you may wish to try the following.

Keep references that you have already created in Child and Sub Child table as it is. (Parent to Child and Child to Sub Child).

Now

------- In the Parent table , add a virtual column of list type, titled [Sub Child Info] and the app formula for this column as =SELECT(Child[Sub Child], [Parent] = [_THISROW].[Primary Key Column of Parent Table])

In the above formula ,

1. [Sub Child] is a list type column in Child table. [Sub Child] column

is created as a list type

virtual column in Child table when you created reference between Child and Sub Child table.

1. [Parent]is the reference column between Parent and Child tables

Now , list type virtual column [Sub Child Info] in Parent table should capture relevant Sub Child info.

Hope the above works for you and helps.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Now I managed to capture data from sub child table. Quite useful tips indeed.

Hi @tsuji_koichi, you may wish to try the following.

Keep references that you have already created in Child and Sub Child table as it is. (Parent to Child and Child to Sub Child).

Now

------- In the Parent table , add a virtual column of list type, titled [Sub Child Info] and the app formula for this column as =SELECT(Child[Sub Child], [Parent] = [_THISROW].[Primary Key Column of Parent Table])

In the above formula ,

1. [Sub Child] is a list type column in Child table. [Sub Child] column

is created as a list type

virtual column in Child table when you created reference between Child and Sub Child table.

1. [Parent]is the reference column between Parent and Child tables

Now , list type virtual column [Sub Child Info] in Parent table should capture relevant Sub Child info.

Hope the above works for you and helps.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Now I managed to capture data from sub child table. Quite useful tips indeed.

Top Labels in this Space