I have to admit that its not so easy to figur...

Alper

I have to admit that its not so easy to figure out referenced fields, in the beginning. I have a worksheet named (locations) which contains [owner_uid], [owneremail] and [location_uid] fields.

In this worksheet, [location_uid] is always unique. [owner_uid] and [owneremail] are multiple, since there are several locations belong to same [owner_uid].

For this table, in security filters, I have added the following as in the help example;

OR(USEREMAIL() = "manager@gmail.com", USEREMAIL() = [EmailColumn])

which works fine when tested for an invited user.

On the other hand, my main data table consists of multiple copies of [location_uid] rows containing several records for varying dates, for these locations. I am viewing this tableโ€™s records with a deck-view, and in Behaviour section, โ€œRow Selectedโ€ set to โ€œEditโ€ which brings a Form to edit.

What kind of REFerence/design needed here, to let [owneremail] view/edit their own locations only and filter out rest of the data? (Other than creating several replicates of emails in an email column, and apply security filter to main data table, too)

0 5 333
5 REPLIES 5

You just mentioned the columns in Locations table; whatโ€™s the column structure of the Main table you would like to filter based on user?

Alper

@RezaRaoofi Hi, sorry, in main table (sheet1),

there are location_uid,

date, point_uid and data columns. Unfortunately, none of them is unique alone. Currently I am selecting date and point_uid columns together, as keys.

You could use something like this for main table: IN([location_uid], SELECT(Locations[location_uid], USEREMAIL()=[EmailColum]))

Alper

@RezaRaoofi Thank you, this works very well.

Youโ€™re welcome! @Alper

Top Labels in this Space