i have two apps that utilize the same source ...

i have two apps that utilize the same source sheet. one is more of a public app that only allows additions and the other is more of an administrative app. i want to add a new workflow to the admin app that notifies me when new entries are added through either app. is this possible?

0 2 302
2 REPLIES 2

@Matthew_Ingebrigtsen

For a single app, you would use an Event triggered workflow rule to do this. Any update made via the app would trigger the workflow rule at the time the change is synced to the server.

With two apps, there are two approaches.

The easiest approach would be to define equivalent Event triggered workflow rules in both apps. That way, you would be notified regardless of which app made the change.

The harder approach would be to use a Report (i.e. scheduled rule). This would allow you to get a single report listing all changes at a scheduled time of day.

To do this, you would need to add a ChangeTimestamp field to your table that is updated to the current date and time each time a change occurs to the record. ChangeTimestamp fields let you monitor changes to all of the fields or to only selected fields.

Your Report would then run on the schedule you specify. It would display records changed since the last time the report ran. For example, if your report ran once per day, you would include records that have been updated in past 24 hours.

The easiest way to do this is to create a slice with a condition that selects only the record you wish. In your case, that would be records with a ChangeTimestamp value in the past 24 hours.

You would then use that slice name in your Report.

This worked! thank you!

Top Labels in this Space