I may be wrong about this, but I believe it i...

I may be wrong about this, but I believe it is not possible to specify a form view as an after-save finish view - only detail-like views are available. Is this correct? Thank you very much.

0 9 361
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

No, that is not correct.

Thanks Grant for responding. The reason I thought so was:

โ€“ I have DetailView1 which, when the Edit action button is clicked, causes Form1 to display.

โ€“ With respect to a different tableโ€™s data, I have a deck view which, when an inline action button is clicked, displays Form2.

โ€“ What I want to have happen is for Form1 to display (bypassing DetailView1) when Form2 is saved. My problem is that the Finish View choices for Form2 do not include Form1 (they only include DetailView1).

Hi

@Robert_Lerner If link to form is not there you can create an action that links to your form and then in on save run that action.

@Lynn Thanks very much Lynn. Your solution works perfectly, except that when I then try to save the desired form (Form1) I get an error message saying the Email value (the key) currently exists. In other words, the form is acting in Add mode, not Update mode. Iโ€™ve checked all my mode configurations and all are set for Update. Any idea what Iโ€™m doing wrong? Thanks again.

@Robert_Lerner yeah, linktoform is an add. An update would be link to row maybe. help.appsheet.com - Column Type: App (Deep Links) Column Type: App (Deep Links) help.appsheet.com

@Grant_Stead Thanks. I tried various linktorow configurations, and they seem only to point to detail tables, not forms.

@Robert_Lerner Robert, Iโ€™m finding tracking and understanding your issues difficult. Maybe Lynn can help out more.

@Robert_Lerner Form is only for creating new record, not for updating existing. Updating is done in detail view, you need the linktorow for that. Set the needed columns as quick edit columns in detail view options.

@Mikko_Palmu

Thanks very much Mikko โ€” thatโ€™s what I will end up doing. Have a great day.

Top Labels in this Space