I need help with creating a new app does anyo...

I need help with creating a new app does anyone know if it is possible to do the following:

My app is for creating and tracking work orders (maintenance items) I have 1 table which

is a list of jobs (many jobs are “Standard jobs” ie. they are done over and over every x days. Another table is a log of each time a job is completed. Here is the hard part…

Is their a way to say for a particular job this needs to be done every x days so automatically reference the log of all completed jobs and look for the last time that job has been completed and once the time period has passed tell me that this jobs is due to be completed again?

Thanks

0 10 619
10 REPLIES 10

You could assign these jobs for a weekday or for a day of the month. If you create a slice for this job table, it could show you what you should do today.

Hi Aleksi, yeah thats the way we have it now but was looking for something a bit more automated and also to avoid having to clear out the old jobs from this to do list.

@Carl_Mahler and, you could simply ensure that I’m order to “close” a job the tech has to put in some notes, and flip a switch. Then on save it sets up the new job, and they hit save again…

If you don’t assign the job to any certain date, you would not need to add new jobs for your table. Are you doing this already? And if you need to assign the job for a certain date, you can combine these two together with the slice.

Well 2 issues in our use case would be its often not possibke to do a job on the date its due sometimes it takes a few days to get to it so what happens in this scenario. Also we want to have work orders/job cost/man hrs etc for each time the job is done. And have a history of everytime its been done and by who. So for these reasons I dont think that would work. Can u think of any other ways this could be done? Thanks in advance

When you have a maintenance job for example every monday for next 5 weeks, do you need a separate job number (record) for all of them or is the one enough?

We would need a separate job record.

I was thinking Within the standard job designation need to add columns for interval and date of last job use show if to hide these columns for non standard jobs

Create a script in sheets that copies all standard jobs to a new table, then sort by name and date in decending order

Then date of last job would be a lookup function in sheets refrencing the new table looking up for jobs with the same name as _this, now u would be seeing the most recent date this job was done.

Then create a slice for standard jobs who have a last done date greater then the interval =if (now-last done)>interval

This should generate a list of sj’s that are due. Then from their u can make a new action button to duplicate the w/o and subsequently remove the item from the sj due list.

What do u think?

I tried to think what could be the easiest solution without scripting… and in that solution you would have 3 table levels… “Standard Jobs” as a source > Normal “Job Table” > Related records like “Job Costs”, “Man Hours” etc.

Then you would need to use Dashboard view (2 views) with slices what jobs are in a todo list. That solution won’t copy rows for your standard jobs, it would just show you what you would need to do.

@Carl_Mahler I would have a single jobs table. This makes it a single form to create a job, which is less convoluted…And basically a drop down in that form where you can designate the

job as scheduled, and then some scheduling options, probably weekly, day of week. So that job would be created. Then you can create one slice that shows the active jobs, and another slice that shows the scheduled jobs.

Then I would have an action that runs a LINKTOFORM to setup the next job. I would run that on save…

@Grant_Stead I was thinking quite the same

Top Labels in this Space