I need urgent help. How can I only use Scan f...

I need urgent help. How can I only use Scan feature and not display as dropdown list the available values in column? I donot want the user to select and see the available values, want them instead to use barcode scanning.

0 11 532
11 REPLIES 11

Just make it a Text column type instead of a Ref column type?

@praveen yes i just did that. Thanks

@praveen Otherwise, i want to load help video for my app, can you help how can i do this?

How do I have a Validation done whether the scanned value is available or not. Itโ€™s is correct or not with the message.

Any updates on this ?!

May I ask what do you mean by โ€œAvailable of notโ€? Do you want to make a validation if the scanned value is correct or not?

Yes.
If I have any validation criteria to be checked using IN , CONTAINS, SELECT statements, the values are shown as the Drop Down list where I wanted only scanner option.
Simply, the user should only Scan, he shouldnโ€™t be typing the value in the field manually. How to achieve this?

Alsoโ€ฆ
I need to know whether the Scanned value is in the list of values from a table column or not.
How can I achieve this with the above mentioned option ie, user not able to type manually.

Thank you.

There is an option UX > Options > Allow scan input override. Set it to OFF

Thank you Aleksiโ€ฆ!! U always rockโ€ฆ!!

And for the validationโ€ฆ use something like AND(TRUE,IN([Driver ID],Drivers[ID]))

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space