I noticed many "onOpen" functions running on ...

I noticed many “onOpen” functions running on our Google account, with a script project named “Appsheet”. See screenshot attached showing them in the Executions view.

Oddly, opening the Container, I find it is a google spreadsheet file that does not belong to us, but just shared so we have access.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xwZBchtuzjNYAMzr_9x_HyFlT7wQQhbqxv16Ei_rcuY/edit#gid=0

Do you guys know what is going on here?

0 6 502
6 REPLIES 6

A little troubling but hope there is a good explanation.

If you have the AppSheet add on installed it (like all Sheets add ons) will do some initialization when you open a Google Sheet.

In this case it’s just setting up the Add Ons \ AppSheet \ Launch, How To, and Help menu items.

You can manage your Google Sheets add ons in the Google Sheets menu under Add Ons \ Manage add ons …

Thanks Brian - so, this is just a one time initialization then but why would it show up for a sheet that Tom’s app is presumably not using?

This has nothing to do with an AppSheet app. This is just showing the activity of the AppSheet Google Sheets add on.

As mentioned the add on will do initialization (menu setup) when you open a sheet.

So, if you’ve installed the AppSheet Google Sheets add on you’ll get this bit of script activity for any Google sheet you open. You’ll see something equivalent with any Google Sheets add on you install zapier.com - 50 Google Sheets Add-Ons to Supercharge Your Spreadsheets 50 Google Sheets Add-Ons to Supercharge Your Spreadsheets zapier.com

ah yep - I did have the add on installed

now removed - ill advise if I still notice any functions running

Top Labels in this Space