I read about how to use "Sensitive data", and...

I read about how to use “Sensitive data”, and found that we need corporate plan for this feature, before I go for that, I just want to clarify that it will work as I expected;

1. If I set the column “Name”, “Date of Birth” and “Email address” to be Sensitive data and update into GoogleSheet, how it will display in GoogleSheet?, all Sensitive data column will not display in GoogleSheet or be encrypted, but will correctly display in AppSheet?

2. If I marked “Email address” as Sensitive data, can I still apply Email address at Security filter = [Email]=UserEmail() ?

0 3 1,043
3 REPLIES 3

tony1

@Prayoon_Sonjai The data will still be displayed as normal in your sheet. You can still use the sensitive columns in expressions.

Marking a column as sensitive data instructs AppSheet not to log information related to that column. No extra encryption is applied. https://help.appsheet.com/security/sensitive-personally-identifiable-information-pii-data-policy

Thanks @tony Then it’s not what I expected to deal with data privacy.

Any idea that I can workaround this? or whether or not AppSheet consider to add this features? (encrypt or make it to be Pseudonymous data)

tony1

@Prayoon_Sonjai Right now we don’t offer data encryption - we leave that to your cloud storage provider. If you’d like to talk more about the corporate plan with someone, I’d recommend emailing sales@appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space