I read article about "slice based on user inp...

I read article about “slice based on user input” (https://www.appsheet.com/samples/dynamic-slice?appGuidString=91266cff-e843-46b8-a42b-3d85afedb37f) and it is working with my app, which is great.

What i m trying to do now is to let the user to select multiple items rather than one option from the drop-down list and chart dynamically change and show the selected items.

I want to use “ref” type for the selection columns rather than setting up column as enum nor enum list so that the selecting options works dynamically as well.

I thought contain() expression might solve, but it did not work out.

Is this possible?

0 6 1,693
6 REPLIES 6

Please try using an EnumList type, AllowOtherValues set to true, and then provide a Valid_If condition to provide a list of allowed values.

Thank you Praveen for your advice. However, I wish to set column type to Ref instead of EnumList in order to make the drop down list dynamically change. (Reference table to pull out the drop down list is using Spreadsheet function of Unique(), which is Google Sheet function to get the unique values of the referred column on particular table.

Ref is allowing user to select one item from the list. So it looks to me it is not possible for now to let the user to select multiple items (action like EnumList) from ref type column to dynamically change the chart view?

Right — if you want to select multiple things, it will need to be an EnumList.

This has nothing to do with dynamic or not dynamic. You can use an EnumList with a Valid_If condition where the Valid_if condition provides the dynamic list of allowed values.

Hi,

This solution works very well for me when using to select a date from a bookings table.
Could we go one step further and narrow down the search even more?

For example:

Filter:
Date
Booking Type

Also, is there a way of using the calendar view as a selector rather than an Enum, I think this will feel a whole lot better for the user when working with dates?
I have tried myself but the date selector within the dashboard doesn’t have any effect on the filtered view.

Thanks in advance
Chris.
@praveen @Derek

Hi,
@praveen @Derek
I’ve figured out the issue:

and(
any(Filter[Date])=[Date],
any(Filter[Booking Type])=[Booking Type])

to narrow the search field which is great.

the sliced view changes when another user adds a filter, is there a way to tackle this?

Best,
Chris.

Hi @Chris_Jeal,

You could modify the Filter table so the filter settings are user specific. One way to do this is by
-adding a [user email] column to the filter table
-create a slice to grab the row of the filter table where [user email] = USEREMAIL()
-update formulas to grab the filter settings from this slice.

Top Labels in this Space