I saw on a past post Appsheet has some issues...

I saw on a past post Appsheet has some issues running in an IE browser.

Does this include speed/performance?

Was showing someone the app on one of our EOC computers and it was awful.

I am going to request Chrome be installed on all the computers and am just wondering if that will solve the issue or if I need them to also check internet speed.

0 5 290
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, generally performance is slower in IE and sometimes can be much slower, for example launching an app that uses a lot of data can take a long time to decompress the local data, while the same decompression in chrome is much faster. Chrome will also use newer more performant compression and storage mechanisms that are not supported in IE. Some features simply donโ€™t work reliably in IE, such as drilldown into grouped table views.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Thank you.

Hopefully IT doesnโ€™t give me a hard time with this request but this is useful info in case I need it.

@Tammi_Canelli just to confirm, the same app running on your Chrome browser or on your phone is much faster, right? I just want to make sure youโ€™ve done an โ€œapples-to-applesโ€ test and observe that it is slower on IE. Versus perhaps it was just a transient thing that one time on that one machine

Same appโ€ฆI ended up taking the person I was training back to my office because the app just didnt want to function in IE.

ok, do let us know which version of IE. Usually, apps run reasonably well on the newest versions of IE and Edge. But older versions have issues

Top Labels in this Space