I tried to set the data type to capture data ...

I tried to set the data type to capture data and compare with “Low” and “High” values as below (Data can be displayed with & without decimal in AppSheet).

But I found that the calculation in AppSheet will only work if the data type of “Data” set to either;

• Number - but I can’t put decimal value. - Decimal - but it will impact other values to display like 7.00 which I don’t want.

Any idea or workaround that I can have the same outcome like in GoogleShee?, Thanks.

0 15 542
15 REPLIES 15

If you want to keep the value as number or decimal, we don’t have direct way to do that.

IFS(Decimal([Data])<[Low],“Low”,Decimal([Data])>[High],“High”)

@Aleksi_Alkio Now it works!! you helped me twice after the “initial value” question !! Big Thanks.

You’re welcome

One more time @Aleksi_Alkio the condition above (with App Formula) works for “Update” only because we already have “Low” and “High” data to compare.

But for adding new data, I think the App Formula is faster than Spreadsheet formula that I use to get the “Low” and “High” data (vlookup(RC5&RC3&RC4,‘Other Table’!R2C1:R999999C8,7,0) that cause the calculation is wrong for new data.

Is it possible to put vlookup in the App Formula? because I

tried to add to the “Low” and “High” column but seems not working…

@Aleksi_Alkio Please ignore my previous question above, I found the way to add LOOKUP into the App Formula now everything is solved for both Adding & Updating

@Aleksi_Alkio any indirect way,put some script on Data?

Script won’t help, but you could use TEXT column for this purpose and if you need to calculate with that value, you can use DECIMAL([Column]).

@Aleksi_Alkio I set “Data” to be Text, and “Low” & “High” to be Decimal like below on Spreadsheet formula; ========== IFS(RC(Decimal([Data]))<RC[Low],“Low”,RC(Decimal([Data]))>RC[High],“High”) ========== But I think it still doesn’t work…

It doesn’t work in what way?

@Aleksi_Alkio The calculation is still wrong, when I put lower or higher value in Data field, the Compare field still not change…

What is the meaning of “RC” in here?

You want to use sheet formula instead of an app formula?

@Aleksi_Alkio Actually I don’t mind, because I tried App formula sometime it doesn’t work…

Following…I’ve been wondering the same thing

Top Labels in this Space