I try to make a format rule. To me this scree...

I try to make a format rule. To me this screenshot says that i chose an enumlist to add different icons for different options, but the red return says i chose Yes/No. I didn’t and I don’t see where that idea can come from. Any ideas?

0 10 404
10 REPLIES 10

I assume that you would like to define a format based on [What?] column. The formula should evaluate the formula and produce a “True” or “Yes” then apply the formatting. If formula is “False” or

“No” then don’t apply the formatting.

If you only write the column name and because it is EnumList. There isn’t any “Yes/No” result.

You should wrote a formula that will produce “Yes/No” then apply formatting accordingly.

As a beginner i would think it would be [What?] = “Clubs”. And with that i would get a certain icon with all Clubs entries. Obviously it isn’t. What sort of a Yes/No question would you suggest?

@erwin_blom CONTAINS([What?],“Clubs”)

may help you.

@erwin_blom I want another icon depending on the different EnumList options if possible.

@erwin_blom Then crate another format rule for another value with a formula; CONTAINS([What?],“Another”)

Hi @erwin_blom, the condition needs to be something that returns true or false … ie. it must be a Yes/No type expression. The expression you have there isn’t.

You may have a different (and reasonable) expectaiton of what the format rule does.

AppSheet format rules apply to one or more columns of a row. They are conditional — the condition must return a Yes/No to indicate if the rule should apply to the row at all. Then the format itself specifies what should be done if the condition is valid.

@Yilmaz_Kandis1 Thanks, this worked!

@praveen Thanks! I’m there now! One more question, shouldn’t the icons and up on the map version too?

@erwin_blom it will show that format rule on a map view if you choose the address or location column for the option “Format these columns and actions”.

@Aleksi_Alkio Great! It works! Nice, the app is getting better and better!

Top Labels in this Space