I try to send email and/or SMS from a desktop...

I try to send email and/or SMS from a desktop using Behavior/Actions.

I create a button “Deploy” for sending

SMS for a list of emergency responder.

What I’m trying to do is, like a Behavior/reports, without having a “At this time” but right on the button’s click.

Any idea how I can do this?

Thanks

0 4 592
4 REPLIES 4

You can trigger a workflow rule that sends email or SMS when you click a button as described in topic “Sending Email from an Action Button” in this article help.appsheet.com - Workflow Workflow help.appsheet.com

Yes, the problem is, it open gmail and I have to click on Send. I’d like the application do everything without have interaction with the user. Like Reports. Thx.

@Stephane_Ouellet

I am sorry but I am confused. Can you clarify how you want the workflow rule to be triggered?

Here are the ways you can use an event triggered workflow rule to send an email or SMS message.

An event triggered workflow rule can be run on the server each time a data change is sent from the client to the server. You can write an expression that precisely controls which changes will trigger each workflow rule.

Typically, the workflow rule is triggered when a record is added, updated, or deleted to a table, and that change is “Synced” to the server. The workflow rule on the server, detects the change. The workflow rule is triggered, and it produces an email message which it sends to the email addresses you specify.

If you want to trigger a workflow rule based on clicking a button on the client, you can do this as described in the article I cited above. Essentially, the button click causes a data change that is “Synced” to the server. Just as described above, the workflow rule on the server, detects this change. The workflow rule is triggered, and it produces an email message which it sends to the email addresses you specify.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Ok, I understand now.

Thanks. I’ll go to work on it!

Top Labels in this Space