I understand that I can link a email template...

I understand that I can link a email template in my app, but is there a way for my users to click on the file and send directly to an email recipient in my datafile directly? I thought I could open view it and then Iโ€™d have to copy and paste the text into my email that I can send via my App.

0 7 590
7 REPLIES 7

I donโ€™t want to trigger a email to be sent out automatically via a workflow rule. I just want to be able to access this template via my app and send to an email in my app as needed.

@Tina_Cheng

I am not certain this is responsive because I am not sure I fully understand your question.

You can trigger an email from an Action button as described in topic โ€œSending Email from an Action Buttonโ€ in this article help.appsheet.com - Workflow Workflow help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi, I donโ€™t want to trigger an email based on an action. I simply want to open up my action button (circled in image below) which takes me to my email template and then send an email manually at the same time. The way itโ€™s working now is I open up the email template and then Iโ€™d have to copy and paste my contents and then hit the email button to compose my email message. Does that make sense?

@Tina_Cheng you can do it using google apps script, if you are familiar with it. If not, I can do it for you. Please contact me at jayaram@able3ventures.com

@Tina_Cheng Why donโ€™t you open that one record (or a new one) with the action (LINKTOROW), write your message and email address and save it. That will send the email with the template (if you have it).

@Aleksi_Alkio where do you write this action command?

Create a new action and choose the โ€œGo to another view within this appโ€, and write the suitable LINKTOROW deep link to Target.

Top Labels in this Space