I use a simple expression to display dates co...

I use a simple expression to display dates compactly. For example 5/20/2017 is displayed as “Su 5/20”

This has been working well. But in the last couple of days it is only displaying the first character. So, the above example is shown as “S” only.

Does anyone know what changed? Nothing changed on my end.

The expression is this: =(CONCATENATE([Day]," “,MONTH([PresentationDate]),”/",DAY([PresentationDate])))

And I have this expression for Day: =IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=1,“Su”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=2,“Mo”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=3,“Tu”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=4,“Wd”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=5,“Th”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=6,“Fr”,(IF(WEEKDAY([PresentationDate])=7,“Sa”,“none”)))))))))))))

Thanks, Onder

0 11 374
11 REPLIES 11

Harry2

@Onder_Uluyol Hi Onder, just by looking at the expressions you used, I can’t see how the output can possibly be “S”, as none of your expressions generates “S”. Nevertheless, for the expression of column “Day”, you might want to consider using either the IFS or the SWITCH expression. You can read more about these 2 expressions here:

help.appsheet.com - Conditional Expressions Conditional Expressions help.appsheet.com

Thank you for the prompt reply. The expression is not wrong. It works as intended when I validate and test it. However, on the phone screen and on desktop, the column width become smaller for some reason and that is why the whole text is not shown except the first character.

ok, good. Column width to default/narrow/wide provides general guidance as to how closely to fit to the widths of the data actually measured in the column. The data measurement/statistics are captured when you do a Save&Verify

See the screenshot below. There should be Day and Date before the organization name. But barely a character is shown now. Again, I did not change anything on my end. Not sure what changed in how Appsheet displays the columns. Your help will be much appreciated.

Harry2

@Onder_Uluyol Hi Onder, have you tried setting the column width in table view? What is the name of the affected app?

@Harry Hi Dinh, appName=IRGDashboard-202920

Hi @Onder_Uluyol, make some trivial change to the app definition and then do a Save & Verify. This will cause the widths of computed columns to be checked based on the actual content of the data. This is something new and will lead to better packing of column widths.

@Harry How do I set the column width? Are you referring to Default/Narrow/Wide settings? Yes, I did. No change.

@praveen I tried making some changes. For example, I tried putting splitting “Su 5/27” into “Su” and “5/27”. Still the same. I did not help.

@Onder_Uluyol did you do a ‘Save & Verify’ from the editor and not just a Save?

@praveen ‘Save & Verify’ did help, but not all the way. Now most of the text is visible.

@praveen I set the column width to default. Now all is good. Thx for your help!

Top Labels in this Space