I want the compare the possibilities of imple...

I want the compare the possibilities of implementing the solution.

I want to make an update to inspection table, let’s name it “Audit”. The Audit contains some columns defined for it, but also list/set of Checks with 4 states (n/a, passed, failed, planned). Each Audit record could have different set of Checks and it should be easy to choose.

Checks are defined in another table and grouped into categories (Category column). The way users may choose sets or particular checks should be based on Category.

I was thinking of defining Form with dropdown field to choose category and basing on the choice have (just below) the list of Checks available to choose further (Allow multiple choice). Each Check should be stored as separated record with its status, date etc and stored in the Audit table.

Any hints on how to?

0 4 391
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@hunaism So you have your Checklist table referencing your Audit table.

I’d make the inline view of your Checklist items grouped by category. Then I’d create an action that changes the status of the Checklist item with a single tap.

So the workflow would be: - View the details of an Audit item - Scroll down to its related Checklist items - Click the “View (#)” to view all of the related items, grouped by category - Tap the inline actions for each checklist item that you want to complete

@tony with “inline view” you mean list of Checks inside the UX of Audit - right? And when you click View/Add you will have grouped view of all checks available? But some checks may be failed and some passed, so maybe swap activity with slice view would be better. I was thinking also if it is possible to have something like:

To update/mark as passed or failed: - View the details of an Audit item - Scroll down to its related Checklist items - Click the “View (#)” to view all of the related items, grouped by category - Tap the inline actions for each checklist item that you want to complete

To add checks: - View the details of an Audit item - Scroll down to its related Checklist items - Click the “Add (#)” to add - but here you would have submenu with groups - so you can add whole group (with same category) to the audit, once marked, or get into list of checks to add them one by one while inside the category - I have no dea how to do this - should I create a copy of table (like all checks to display them) Is it possible even to do this? - Tap the inline actions for each checklist item that you want to complete

tony1

@hunaism Yes, by “inline view of checks” I mean the list of related checks that show up on the details of a particular audit.

Right now it’s only possible to add a single row at a time.

Ok, I may find the solution. 1. I’ve created the Audit table when you may add the Check items to the related list (one Check is record, with Audit ID for grouping them) 2. I’ve created the Dashboard with two (Ref) View entries. - First (Filtering by Categories) is Tall and for Categories (view is “table”) -

• Second (Filtered Check List) is Tall and for listing all available Checks (view is “deck”) 3. Now planning to show this Dashboard view when inside Audit View - not sure how this may be performed, yet 4. Later I’m planning to configure swipe left/right for Filtered Check List deck in the Dashboard to add it to Audit table as passed/failed (unswiped Checks would not be added)

What you think about such solution - feasible?

Top Labels in this Space