I want to autofill a field in a user form bas...

I want to autofill a field in a user form based on a previous form entry. How do I go about this please? Many Tx

0 4 394
4 REPLIES 4

@Craig_Clancy, Could you please add what you mean when you mention previous form entry?Do you wish to

retrieve data entry from a previously filled up ( and saved) form by the user or do you wish to populate a field ( say field B)

with certain values based on previous field ( say field A),

as the user is filling up the form.

If you have a timestamp in the form then you can use MAXROW function to get ref to the latest row. Then use that as an initial value.

Ex. Select(tableName[columnName], timestamp=MAXROW (โ€œtableNameโ€,โ€œtimestampโ€));

I didnโ€™t check the code please check if it works.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Hi Suvrutt. I wish to populate a field ( say field B)

with certain values based on previous field ( say field A),

as the user is filling up the form. I think I have got it. I am referencing a seperate USERS table with user data. My ref field was pointing to the wrong table. But I believe the way is in App Formula for the field I want populated - [โ€˜UserIDโ€™ as the ref field].[column name]

Hi @Craig_Clancy, Thanks for the update and it appears you have got is sorted. Yes, the child table references the parent table through Ref column that gets set on the key of the parent table.

Top Labels in this Space