I want to chart values by day, week, month and year

Hi there, I have a data entry app where one of the things donors enter is the dollar value of their donation, I would like to be able to chart the total values by segments, such as a monthly view, a weekly view, a yearly view and a daily view of total donation. This doesnโ€™t seem to be possible in the chart UX but maybe Iโ€™m missing something?

Solved Solved
0 13 1,967
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Histgram chart should be the one that solve your proglam as well as achieve your goal, I suppose.

My understanding to your requirement, if i m correct, is you want to aggregate the row / fields value from day/date level to mm/yyyy level and render chart in that way? for instance, the chart will display the sum of each mm/yyyy for the price fields in aggregation.

There are few workaround to achieve it.

It is bit complex, and should be benefit to share the trick in the community for the benefit to the others who may have the same task.

I created quick sample, made it public, then placed to my company portfolio.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Public-Sample-App?appGuidString=206a4c57-7ac7-4b6a-9d84-ae34997c46a...

Look inside.

Not difficult.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

So I have it so it shows me daily totals, but is there a way can can make it show me monthly totals? and I donโ€™t want to see all the log entries at once, I want to be able to choose the sections I look at.

Histgram chart should be the one that solve your proglam as well as achieve your goal, I suppose.

My understanding to your requirement, if i m correct, is you want to aggregate the row / fields value from day/date level to mm/yyyy level and render chart in that way? for instance, the chart will display the sum of each mm/yyyy for the price fields in aggregation.

There are few workaround to achieve it.

It is bit complex, and should be benefit to share the trick in the community for the benefit to the others who may have the same task.

I created quick sample, made it public, then placed to my company portfolio.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Public-Sample-App?appGuidString=206a4c57-7ac7-4b6a-9d84-ae34997c46a...

Look inside.

Not difficult.

I can make use of this in my app, thanksโ€ฆ

Ok, that is PERFECT, honestly Iโ€™m not going to implement the changes right now, what Iโ€™ve done serves my purposes to present it to my boss, but it is a great reference to show her the possibility. I very much appreciate you!

hello could you tell me how i can make a monthly chart please 

Hello @Koichi_Tsuji  i need  your help and your  simple app here not working with me about monthly view, a weekly view, a yearly . I need to look up at this app to understand 

can i use this sample app please but its not open with me  !

The link has expired 404 not found, can you generate app again please

So I figured it out, but the only way I could do it was by making a slice for the data I wanted to isolate in the chart, and the only way I could figure out to present it was by making a separate view with a separate chart for each slice. I would much rather it just be one view with like a drop down option to switch views, but that may not be possible.

TDhers

@jared ^

Good to see this caught your eyes (as expected!).
Applying same/similar technique to deal with Tableau in general. haha.

@tsuji_koichi Youโ€™re a life saver thanks!

Good and well found.

Nothing is impossible with Appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space