I want to have an app automatically check a column after a certain period

I have been looking through the community but I haven’t been able to find anything that is helpful. How do I go about this. I want the app the check the column for an email address in one table while it refers to the other table that has the list of staff. I want this to happen automatically. If there’s an article I missed. Please kindly link it. Thank you

0 11 262
11 REPLIES 11

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi Aurelien

Table 1 has an empty column [UploadedBy] because it will not always have emails, and the Email column in the Staff table, is the list of emails. I want the app to always check for emails that are not yet in the [UploadedBy] this using a bot, and send reminders to these emails

This is the expression I have come up with.

In([UploadedBy],LIST(Lookup(Useremail(), Staff, Email, Email)))

I am not sure where to go from here using Bots

Hi @Aldrin_Nyamweda

In Automation panel, create a bot that will run with a condition:
ISBLANK([UploadedBy])

If you start creating a bot, you may have a suggested one that matches partly your expectation.

I suggest you take one that is suggested with a “send an email” description, then you modify it in order to match your expectations, that may be easier for you than making it from scratch.

You have to keep in mind that Bots have multiple components, as it is explained in the previous link.
In short:

• Events ==> you can set Schedule
  • Process ==> made of steps, each one can be a task

Additional reference:

Quick Question on this,

Does Appsheet reminders only work on the Core Plan? I’ve been trying to make scheduled reminders work but it’s not working. When I test the bot it works but it’s not sending the reminders when the set time arrives

I understand you are asking to run BOT on schedule.

It is possible to get this function from core plan. Not avaiable for Starter plan, according to pricing list.

That is great. Thanks for the prompt response. So does this mean the Users that will be listed to receive the reminders also need to be on appsheet core, or this applies only to the developer?

Developper (App owner) account is charged by the app sheet for the number of users you added to your apps.

Assuming you are app owners, and add the user to your whilte list to the app, you need to purchase the core lisenses for the number of your app users to enjoy all the functionalities given by your plan (core) where you can use BOTs.

The other users WON’T be app owners definitely but just plain users. So they won’t need to be on any plan. all they might need is just to have a google account right?

Depending on which services you are going to user for auth to let your app user are going to log in to your app you host.
Yes, your app users dont need to care about appsheet lisenses and accounts as you as app owner/creator is responsible for it.

Awesome, @tsuji_koichi you have been of great help. i appreciate this

No problem.

Top Labels in this Space