I want to make a public app but is there a wa...

Leo_N

I want to make a public app but is there a way to make it secure so that only people with a code can access it? I don’t want to have a login user system. Thanks

0 10 373
10 REPLIES 10

I’m afraid that’s not possible with Publisher plans. May I ask why don’t you want to use login?

Leo_N

@Aleksi_Alkio What plan is it possible with then? I don’t want a login system because I want to share the app with a only about 100 people but some will be using it more than others. I like the pricing structure per app not per user. So there’s no way to add a master login code or pin?

Is this data available for all? Or is the data sensitive?

Leo_N

@Aleksi_Alkio The data should only be available to the 100 users. But I just want a master login not individual logins. Is that possible?

How about creating TWO apps, using the same data source? One for the users with login and another app open for the public?

I’m afraid that’s not possible with Publisher plans. They are always public.

but what can a company do if they want some internal apps for their employees and one app for the public?

I guess AppSheet then will allow you to buy TWO plans. One Publisher Plan and another for Secure Apps?

Correct. You can connect multi apps into the same database with different access.

@Leo_N I would encourage you to read this article about secure apps. In a nutshell, unless you enable signin, the apps are fundamentally insecure. Further, public plan apps will soon be indexed by search engines, so you probably don’t want to set up your app with a public plan.

It sounds like the feature you want is signin but the price is a concern so you are looking for a way around it. I understand. If it is the case that only a few users use the app and the others are very occasional, you may be ok. You only have to pay for the number of actual users of the app in a running 30-day window. So it doesn’t matter how many people could use the app — only how many people did use the app during the last 30 days. That’s the number of licenses you need to set up your account with.

FYI the route you ask about (having many people share the same login) is against our terms of service.

https://help.appsheet.com/security/user-access-control/require-sign-in-the-essentials

@Leo_N You can´t choose the price structure based on what is cheapest, so you like more.

the difference between “per app” and “per user” resides on security. You want anyone to be able to access the app? Then you won´t have to deal with logins and the price will be per app.

You want specific users to use the app? Then price structure is per user.

Top Labels in this Space