I want Undo/Redo inside my AppSheet app (for pending syncs)

When I rack up pending syncs inside an app… they pile up just like edits do when editing the app.

With the newer UX updates to the editor, which includes undo/redo buttons that make it lightning fast to go back and forth between things…
3X_f_3_f3d38e13e1c9a9db4c6c0b679b240cc4c3cf7826.gif
… I’d love to see this ability inside the actual app!

As always, thanks for considering
3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Status Open
6 5 387
5 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

Do you know the nightmare it is, trying to create this functionality inside an app???

• And then I have to do it for ALL the apps.

With the pending syncs listed inside the app’s memory, almost like a table of syncs, I would think it would be “easy” to rewind time with all the details present.

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

I need more votes…if only Appsheet would complete features that we asked for instead of things we didn’t, I would have a vote to give this great feature.

I’m running out of votes already @MultiTech_Visions, have mercy.

3X_2_2_220a9dd72ac0d526f45401ea2ea01d90d1db89b7.png

Tbh i didn’t even think it was possible until you suggested it

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

Here's a situation where an undo button would be useful:

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 12.31.53.png

This is a user setting inside my app.  The slide bar lets the user decide how many days long the schedule should be.  If the user accidentally moves this bar and can't remember the number it had been set to, this could change the schedule in a way that might have negative consequences for the user.  I've built in a record of the schedule settings so the user can go check to see previous settings, but there's no easy way to just "undo" a slip of the finger, so to speak. 😞

P.S. I actually did this as a user in my own app just now.  I knew how to check to see what the setting used to be but it was a bit of a hassle.  That prompted this little comment.

One more thought: I occurs to me now that I could try to make a "revert to last setting" action for my app but it should would be nice if AppSheet could make that easy.