I will try my best to explain what I am tryin...

Kevin_Chan
Participant II

I will try my best to explain what I am trying to achieve. Think about this app is for taking an attendance from multiple classes and each class has 40 students.

On the app, I selected ‘Class 8 AM’ for the Event ID and ‘AHS’ for the School then under ‘Student Name’ it is a list of all student names associated with the selected options. When I take attendance in the class, I will call the student name and if she/he is present at that time, I will select his/her name and click ‘Save’. Once I clicked ‘Save’. ‘Event ID’ and ‘School’ will be deselected.

Is there a way I can keep the [Event ID] and [School] selected after I clicked ‘Save’ so that I don’t have to keep select both for the next 29 times?

Please advise. Thank you.

0 1 404
1 REPLY 1

Some ideas: A simple way is to create a table view, and Group it, first by EventID, second by School. You then just add records. A better way is to create a separate table for, School, and a separate table for Events. You already have a Student table. You then create another table called Attendance, and you create a Ref column in that table to Student, Event and School. You then create a slice of that table, for each school, and create a separate table view for each slice. If when you set up your Ref row in your Attendance table, you selcect IsPartOf = true, the attendance list will turn up inside your form, and you will be able to add records without having to select School and

Event repeatedly.

Top Labels in this Space