I would like to have an public app where anyo...

I would like to have an public app where anyone can use it, but where they can also register, so that we can then capture information on their preferences to modify how the app displays data. Think of a real estate website - you can see everything, but you can also register and request further details on specific listings - so basically something like a form to send us data, and a cookie to keep the persons data on their phone so they donโ€™t have to enter it again, and any new requests would include that user id / email type of thing. Is this achievable? And how does the licence work?

0 7 411
7 REPLIES 7

When you are using a public app, you canโ€™t identify who the user is. You can use a some kind of registration page, but it wonโ€™t help you to identify the user when he/she is using that app.

That seems like a huge oversight.

How are you supposed to track what a user is doing, interested in etc? That basically rules out AppSheet for anything we would want to do.

You can do that if your user needs to login. Then you can identify who they are.

But my understanding is that then means you canโ€™t have the public pro licence, you need secure, and the pricing of this would not be sensible for a site selling property where people may use it once or twice a month, and there may be 10,000 users+

Yes this is a known challenge and we are not covering it properly. If you want, you can send an email to our sales for more details and if you could find a solution for your needs. sales@appsheet.com

@Chris_Haines keep in mind that you are ONLY charged for the users if they USE it that MONTH, which is not for ALL the users that are registered on the secure license, but I agree it can be a pretty penny if you have a couple of thousand users in one month. As @Aleksi_Alkio said - the Sales Team can assist you with a potential solution

One simple thing you could do โ€” have a public app. And then add a link/launcher for a secure app. If they sign in to use the secure app, then yes that extra information is maintained.

Top Labels in this Space