i would like to hide my key field (random set...

i would like to hide my key field (random set of numbers) from showing in my slice.

i keep getting an error when saving. appsheet says that the key field is required in the slice view.

how do i hide this field from detail view?

0 6 1,302
6 REPLIES 6

If your key has an initial value (eg: UNIQUEID()) then it can be hidden. Are you expecting the app end-user to fill in the key value when adding a new record? It sounded like you were planning to have an automatic key value assignment.

I have auto key assignment. The user doesnโ€™t need to enter or edit it or see it.

Ill try to hide in the table view again. Ill send u screenshot of error i get

contains Primary Key โ€˜IDโ€™ which was โ€˜Hiddenโ€™ but does not have an Initial Value. Resetting the โ€˜Hiddenโ€™ attribute for โ€˜IDโ€™ because tables using this schema allow new rows to be added.

Ah โ€ฆ note that it says it does not have an Initial Value. So it looks like you may not have set p the automatic value assignment correctly.

In the column definition, you need to assign an expression to InitialValue

@praveen OK whats the expression look like how do i do that?

Thanks

Please see help.appsheet.com - App Formulas and Initial Values to understand the meaning of an InitialValue. Use UNIQUEID() to generate unique key values. Also see https://help.appsheet.com/app-design/spreadsheet-design/manually-generating-uniqueid-key-values for alternatives App Formulas and Initial Values help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space