I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to reorder...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to reorder virtual columns in the column structure view. Anyone else?

The limitation right now is to blow them away one-by-one so that they regenerate in the order you wantโ€ฆor to make a slice (or view) and reorder them that way. I feel it would much more user friendly to order them in the column structure.

0 5 444
5 REPLIES 5

No matter what make a slice without any conditions and tie all your views to thatโ€ฆ Then you can easily rearrange, or add a condition

I agree with @Grant_Stead : always use slices.

Yes I would like to the ability to reorder virtual columns in the column structure view too. It would make maintenance of many of them easier, particularly if I can arrange them next to each other is groups.

Best Practice (At least to me) whenever I create app on appsheet, I tends to avoid table, but always create slice as much as possible and generate view out of slice rather than table.
Yes, this is bit troublesome and may feel time consuming, but as the app grows, it is found useful as we are able to reorder the column all the time.

Right here we are talking about the same things, but just out of different angles, I feel.

I am looking at it from editing attributes like the formula of the virtual columns in the back end development environment. Slices are for the front end. Although its a โ€˜No codeโ€™ platform, there can still be ways to allow for better development practices.

Top Labels in this Space