I'd call these bugs too(?).... When exportin...

Michael2
Participant V

I’d call these bugs too(?)…

When exporting a view to CSV: -For any column that has a show_if condition, the column header is returned in the CSV but the column itself is blank. -Any column that has a description, the description is returned and not the column header.

@praveen @Philip_Garrett_Appsh

1 3 343
3 REPLIES 3

These on the other hand are probably not bugs.

a) Show_If conditions are on a per-row basis. We don’t know if any particular row will or won’t show that column. It isn’t a good idea to have the CSV export different column structures depending on the content of the data. If the entire column should always be hidden, remove the show-if expression and mark the column as hidden.

b) Right, we used to show the column name. But many app creators use internal column names, and then use the display name or column description to provide a meaningful external name. We “fixed” this as a bug based on feedback from some of our users. I agree the argument could be made that the column name should be used.

Michael2
Participant V

@praveen

a)Show_If in my case is used to hide the column in forms but display the column in other views. I am not trying to export anything different than what is displayed in the view. I do not want the column hidden from view (or CSV export) unless the view happens to be a form which is what I thought was the intended purpose of show_if.

b) If the column has all three, a column name, a display name, & and a description, the exported view uses the description. My understanding was the the column name would be the internal name, the display name would be displayed in views and the description would be displayed in forms. This makes perfect sense as you may want or need to guide the user as to the required entry in a form but not when displaying the field in other views.

Yes. Definitely BUGS.

Not the expected behavior at all.

Top Labels in this Space