I'd like to be sure to understand what is des...

I’d like to be sure to understand what is described as an active user. Is it anybody surfing the app or the admin on the app?

0 10 976
10 REPLIES 10

tony1

An active user is any user who accesses the app within the immediate trailing 30-day period that occurs after deployment.

AppSheet counts the number of active users to determine how many licenses you need to purchase.

Hi Tony,

I have the same question. Does it means, I write an app, then send 10 friends to test my app. Then, it means 10 active users? For a pro plan, then I need to pay 10$ * 10 = 100$ per month???

@Conny_Gu Yes. As per the pricing page, you can test your app with up to 10 people. Then if you need to move beyond testing, you’ll need to pay per user.

@tony wow, if I put my app in google play store and 10,000 user registered my app, then it means I need to pay 100,000$ per month, even I don’t charge one cent from the users??? Does it not too much? Or there are other better plan for hobby app developer?

what if i bought 30 licenses but eventually 10 users stop using the app, i will be charged for the 30 licenses anyway indefinetly?

tony1

appsheet.com - App Maker Pricing - AppSheet more info here App Maker Pricing - AppSheet appsheet.com

JC_Rod

I’d like to ask a question but, more specifically. For instance, you guys offer a template that allows for customers to view proposals, etc. - Are customers defined as an active user?

Thanks!

In terms of billing, a user is a user, “customer” or not.

Assuming you’re using a Secure app, not a Public app.

@JC_Rod
Without knowing who " you guys" are or what the " template " is I would hazard a guess and say the customers are active users if your app is deployed.

tony1

@Conny_Gu Generally speaking, most AppSheet apps are not distributed via App Store/Play Store. Most app creators are building apps for internal use within a company and distribute their app via instant deployment to their team (e.g. sending an install link; see this page). Some app creators distribute their apps via the play store, but it’s definitely not the common case. You can read about how to do this here.

There are also two other plan options that you might be interested. One is the public plan, which charges per app (instead of per user). This allows you to distribute your app publicly, but does not allow you to use authentication. You can read more about it here.

If you build an app with lots of users, you might want to talk to our sales team about business and enterprise plans.

My advice would be to start building a prototype app to test out AppSheet’s features. You can use all of the platform’s features for free while your app is in prototype mode. That way you can see if the platform meets your needs before committing.

Top Labels in this Space