As always, I really appreciate your help.
worked for me in the sense that I didn’t get an error and they eventually returned the correct number after a sync.
Until the sync, however, all of the formulas I have tried continue to display the old figure.
I hope the image of the Session table I’ll paste below gives you an idea of what I’m trying to do.
It’s an extremely simple view where the user utilizes an action to increment the session number.
It’s gotten a little more complicated for me, however, because I’ve added Japanese translations of the prompts (line three).
When the Japanese is displayed, I would like the correct, current session number to be displayed and for the incrementation to be visible immediately.
I’m currently using two actions (“Data: execute an action on a set of rows” and “Data: set the value of a column”) in combination to write the same number to D2 and D3.
This works in that the change is reflected immediately whether one is viewing the Japanese or the English.
It seems to be a bit clumsy, though, because the app only really needs the data in D2; D3 is just for display within the app. I’m making he app write to the sheet twice when once should suffice.
I reconfigured my spreadsheet and app to show the English as one record and the Japanese as a second, alternative record because of the limitations of the Show-if condition discussed
plus.google.com - In a price list I want to show basic data for an article when it is selected …
So, in sum, I’ve got the app doing what I want it to do but, generally speaking, I think it would be nice if more options for dealing with similar situations where available.
In a price list I want to show basic data for an article when it is selected … plus.google.com