Id missing weekdays in a table and add them copying from existing weekdays

hi, all, back to the community after a long while, but never away from appsheet.
excited about automation.
this is my challenge:
i import into a table this csv data:
State, Last Name, First Name, Shift Start Date, Shift Total Time.
5 states, 100 last/first names, most make entries for the weekโ€™s work but not all 7 days, for example Saturdays, Sundays.
i need to automate once weekly on report day, inserting the weekdays missing for each state+L/F name with zero in Shift Total Time.
canโ€™t get my head around how check record by record for a missing weekday in the file for that state/LFname then create a single line replicating all but ShiftTotalTime zero.
thanks in advance for any ideas.

0 3 234
3 REPLIES 3

Hi!

Just to clarify, this category is meant for posts concerning the new Automation processing thatโ€™s currently in preview mode - i.e. not yet ready for prime-time usage. Are you asking for implementation help using the new the Automation tools or for help with a production app? If the later, I would recommend moving this to the Questions category. More people will see it there.

hi, i want help to implement with Automation Tools. thanks.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Eso_Surveyors you can create a bot with an event of type โ€œscheduledโ€ and select the ForEachRowInTable option. This will invoke (at the scheduled time) a process for each row in the underlying table. In the process you can have condition checks for rows that have any of the shift values blank. You can that use a task (data action type ) to update the required entries.

Top Labels in this Space