If a notification is sended to 10 persons mea...

If a notification is sended to 10 persons means that I need 10 appsheet accounts?

0 8 389
8 REPLIES 8

@Marlon_Xavier_Medina

You only need one AppSheet account, but each user who will receive a notification must be an authenticated AppSheet user.

One way to achieve that is to: 1. On the Security > Require Sign-In pane set โ€œRequire user authenticationโ€. 2. On the Users > Users pane add the notification recipientโ€™s email address to grant them access to your app.

(Alternatively, if the user has a mobile device and has logged into at least one AppSheet application from that device, then AppSheet will have a unique Device Token registered for that device.)

This is a consequence of how we convert the notification recipientโ€™s email address into a โ€œGoogle Firebase Cloud Messaging Device Tokenโ€. โ€œGoogle Firebase Cloud Messagingโ€ requires the userโ€™s current device token to send the notification to the userโ€™s device. We can only capture that device token if the recipient has

signed into AppSheet from their mobile device. When the user signs in from their mobile device, we capture the mobile deviceโ€™s device token. Device tokens expire after several days, so the user must sign in periodically to ensure we have the latest device token.

For more information see topic โ€œToโ€ in this article help.appsheet.com - Sending Notifications from a Workflow Rule Sending Notifications from a Workflow Rule help.appsheet.com

In the point 2 I add the 10 emails accounts So they could access and see the App trought the web browser or any other device

But, donยดt you will charge to the bill 10 accounts? I thought this was your way of billing

@Marlon_Xavier_Medina

Yes, you are correct they will be counted as app users.

You only need one account, but your 10 users will be counted as app users on that account.

By the way: if I need to do a Notification not to all the 10 accounts but only 4 of themโ€ฆ should I write the 4 email accounts into 1 column separated by " ," ?

@Marlon_Xavier_Medina

Are you planning to store the email addresses in the โ€œToโ€ field of the workflow rule, or are the email addresses coming from a table?

If they are coming from a table, are you sending to the same addresses every time or do the addresses vary from notification to notification?

1. Now i understand about the accounts. Thanks.

2. They are coming from a table, and the adresses varyโ€ฆ

@Marlon_Xavier_Medina

Can you clarify how you plan to determine which email addresses you want to send the notification to?

You can see one way to pick the recipients in the app dynamically in topic โ€œSending Email from an Action Button and Prompting for More Dataโ€ in this article help.appsheet.com - Triggering Email, SMS, or Notifications from the App Triggering Email, SMS, or Notifications from the App help.appsheet.com

ok, I am going to read it, tks

Top Labels in this Space