If Any function help

OK, so I’m lost and I’ve been struggling with figuring out how to write this for over an hour now. I have a record, and it creates multiple child records in another table. In that child record I assign a driver to the record. What I want to do is have a True False statement that tells me if there is a driver assigned to all related child records. I was thinking I could use an IF and an Any function to accomplish this, but I keep getting false Trues.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help

Solved Solved
0 4 266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony1

How about something like this? COUNT(SELECT([Related Child Records][Child Key], ISNOTBLANK([Driver]))) = COUNT([Related Child Records])

The [Related Child Records] is the virtual column in your parent table that holds the related children.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tony1

How about something like this? COUNT(SELECT([Related Child Records][Child Key], ISNOTBLANK([Driver]))) = COUNT([Related Child Records])

The [Related Child Records] is the virtual column in your parent table that holds the related children.

Tony,

Thanks for the help. As I was sitting here pontificating my usefulness in the Universe, I thought about how I used use countif functions in excel. Then found I could do something similar to your suggestion. It looks like it’s working now, I’m just tightening it up. Thank you for the quick response.

tony1

I think people often get confused by the ANY function. Most people expect it to mean something like “are there any elements that…” but it really means “give me an arbitrary element from…”

Yep, that’s what got me thank you for the assistance

Top Labels in this Space