If cell is 0, please give reason

Hello!
I am the delivery manager for a water company.
Each stop the driver does they pick up a number of bottles, and replace them with full ones.
They then enter in how many bottles were delivered in one cell, and then how many were returned.
I am hoping that when they enter a 0 in the delivered cell there is a way for them to select a preset reason; examples: โ€œNo bottles left outโ€ โ€œCalled and left a messageโ€ โ€œCalled and phone number is wrongโ€ โ€œ4 week customerโ€ โ€œon holdโ€ โ€œcustomer requested 0 bottlesโ€
Any help would be much appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 6 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When I tried to follow the first solution, all that happened was a box appeared at the bottom of the page on the app that said " โ€œNo bottles left outโ€, โ€œCalled and left a messageโ€ ,โ€œCalled and phone number is wrongโ€, โ€œ4 week customerโ€ ,โ€œon holdโ€, โ€œcustomer requested 0 bottlesโ€ " and there was a grayed out arrow that didnโ€™t do anything at the bottom right of the box.
Perhaps this is because I am not very well versed with appsheet; what I did was created a virtual column and called it [Reason] and copied in the above mentioned formula, and set the virtual colum to โ€œenum listโ€ as I got an error when I only set it to โ€œenumโ€

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

In general, you could explore the following approach.

Presume the [Delivered] is a number type column

Please have an Enum button called say [ Reason] with the following valid_if

IFS( [Delivered]=0, { โ€œNo bottles left outโ€, โ€œCalled and left a messageโ€ ,โ€œCalled and phone number is wrongโ€, โ€œ4 week customerโ€ ,โ€œon holdโ€, โ€œcustomer requested 0 bottlesโ€}, [Delivered]>0, LIST(CONCATENATE([Delivered], " bottles delievered")))

Please make this enum column as โ€œRequiredโ€ in column setting

Thank you for your reply Suvrutt!
How would I make it so a dropdown appears when โ€œDeliveredโ€ is 0, and so a reason has to be selected in order to save?

[reason] must be a column in your table, the same one that has the bottle quantities.

Set that column to Enum type, and its validif property to the above magic formula.

Or perhaps I donโ€™t understand your las question

I pretty much need to be able to see in the excel file the reason the driver didnโ€™t deliver a bottle, so if a customer calls and says they didnโ€™t get bottles I can say โ€œit looks like our driver attempted to phone you and he also left a messageโ€ or โ€œthere werenโ€™t any empty bottles left out.โ€

So on the driverโ€™s end when they enter in 0 delivered I want a required drop down to appear in which they have to select a reason.

When I tried to follow the first solution, all that happened was a box appeared at the bottom of the page on the app that said " โ€œNo bottles left outโ€, โ€œCalled and left a messageโ€ ,โ€œCalled and phone number is wrongโ€, โ€œ4 week customerโ€ ,โ€œon holdโ€, โ€œcustomer requested 0 bottlesโ€ " and there was a grayed out arrow that didnโ€™t do anything at the bottom right of the box.
Perhaps this is because I am not very well versed with appsheet; what I did was created a virtual column and called it [Reason] and copied in the above mentioned formula, and set the virtual colum to โ€œenum listโ€ as I got an error when I only set it to โ€œenumโ€

Make it a physical column, not a virtual column

Top Labels in this Space