If I wanted to move my data source over to a ...

If I wanted to move my data source over to a new google location, will I lose all my formulas or mess up anything in my app? Can I just redirect my source from the Data>>Tables configuration?

0 8 363
8 REPLIES 8

Yes, do it all the time, you should be fineโ€ฆ Best thing is to make copies of the sources, make sure the sheets and the columns are the same, and make the moveโ€ฆ You might need to copy over folders of images, etc but you should be fine, you can also copy the entire app

@Grant_Stead how might you copy the app?

In your listing of apps thereโ€™s a little arrow next to each app, expand that and hit copy

Oh yeah, I saw that but was wondering if there might be a way to back it up locally.

@Jason_Denniston locally? Like on your computer? Relatively useless without appsheet anyway, is really a saas anywayโ€ฆ But you could download the white label APK

Agreed, but would still provide comfort if I had a local copy stored in case shtf.

@Jason_Denniston Iโ€™m all about it! Another thing to do is to light up a second free account and copy some of your more hardcore apps over there, that way if your account gets compromised you still have them

@Grant_Stead great idea! Iโ€™m going to do it!

Top Labels in this Space