if the size of my data will go increase speed...

if the size of my data will go increase speedly…how do i can manage this…i need configure the right security filter to app only show “10 rows” per user (logged by email), but, he yet can use other view to fetch the historical data (example 10 too in the app) but based in a query with columns, so, in resume:

*how limit the number of the rows that are fetched in database per any number (example 10)?

• how to create a view where the user can seacrh for the historical data (1000 rows in database) and so using the fields to filter, he obtain only 10 rows that match with the specified query?
0 4 445
4 REPLIES 4

What kind of data source are you using? Google sheets? MySQL?

MySQL on Google cloud @Fernando_Lopez… First the app don’t play very well more, since that I inserted 1.000.000 of streets address of the entire Brazil…they are used in comboboxes, envolving refs in sequence: state -> city -> district -> street address…

The app inits very slow or fail…

And thinking in the future, the data of each person will increase and I hope that we can limit the number like we do in SQL…and if possible realize a new fetch in database without sync to catch the data based in a search field (filter)

Understand?!

@jader_james try using the UserSettings feature. The values set there can be used in a security filter to limit the amount of data returned.

I’m amazed the app runs at all with 1 million rows. Besides, I think this will be destroying us with the amount of geocoding it causes.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet

@praveen

*about "I’m amazed the app runs at all with 1 million rows. Besides, I think this will be destroying us with the amount of geocoding it causes. "

… i’m thinking in use one security filter where one user only can see the state that he work, and here we have 27 states, then 1,000,00 / 27 = 37,000 streets address each user can choice in the complete set of dependents dropdowns …and they dont use geocoding, only are choiced in comboboxes!

*about “try using the UserSettings feature. The values set there can be used in a security filter to limit the amount of data returned.”

…good idea, i will go test it now!

thanks! yet i am improving the app quality before deploy it to maybe 20 users that can send me any feedback

Top Labels in this Space