If you see a scary warning from Google during the signin process

Google is in the process of verifying all of its third party apps to ensure valid data access. This is a good thing. However, in the process, they have screwed up AppSheet signin for a few users. If you are one of the unlucky few, you will see a scary screen when you try to sign into AppSheet, telling you there is โ€œdangerโ€, AppSheet is โ€œunverifiedโ€ and not to proceed. The root cause is that permissions you may have given us in the past are no longer valid, and when we try to sign you in, Googleโ€™s security system freaks out. This is a Google bug/wierd behavior that we expect them to fix and expect to have this resolved with Google sometime on Monday. It is frustrating when they made this change on a Sunday.

In the interim, there are one of two things you can do:
a) If the warning screen has an Advanced option, you can click on that, and proceed with your sign in, ignoring their dire warnings. or โ€ฆ
b) You can follow the steps below โ€ฆ

1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
  2. Under โ€œThird party apps with account accessโ€, find AppSheet, click on it, and then โ€œRemove Accessโ€
  3. Go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/login and sign in via Google โ€ฆ this should now work.
  4. If you had set up any Google Calendar data source, or any Google Domain auth source, please go to your account page in AppSheet, find the appropriate Calendar data source or Domain auth source, click on its icon, and go thru its signin process once again.
23 36 17.6K
36 REPLIES 36

tsg_despatch
Participant II

@praveen I have just checked my app and facing problem in login.
Its saying
" Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In."
Pls advise solution.
Regards
JPS Gujral

Thank you @praveen, I found the problem this morning, and the solution you gave us worked perfectly !!!

Thanks

I followed the steps you describe and it works fine. So, in the future will this happen again?

No, this is a one-time thing. Google has messed this up and I hope to have a resolution shortly.

Thanks!

I followed these steps and Iโ€™m still getting the error. Is there anything else to be done?

@Tecnologia_Educativa are you sure you removed any prior permissions for AppSheet in the Third-Party Access section of https://account.google.com โ€ฆ instead of AppSheet, it might say โ€œUnverified Developerโ€ in that section.

I tried again and now it worked. Thank you!

Yey, worked fine for me

Matt_H
Participant II

Iโ€™m still having this issue logging in. I have deleted and redownloaded Appsheet. I have deleted the accounts on the devices and replaced. I have gone to the Google Account webpage for both my Premium and Pro accounts and removed access then signed back in to Appsheet. I then went back and checked that the Google permissions had been updated to a few minutes ago. Still same problem. I tried adding Google in the Sources under the Appsheet account page but it doesnโ€™t appear listed after adding as I assume since I use Google to sign. Anything else I can try?

Edit: I am able to log in using an incognito window in Chrome on my computer. It is only only my Android Devices.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for further assistance.

@Matt_H โ€” maybe you need to sign out of Google on the device? It seems odd but the only thing I can think is that perhaps Android caches google authentication information in some native way. Weโ€™re not hearing any other report of this.

Hi

Here in Sweden, I have no access the last 24 hours due to โ€˜access to this app has been temporarily disabledโ€™. Iโ€™ve tried deleting the โ€˜settingโ€™ in the google account permissions, and then logging out of google, and then accessing appsheet again and I get the same message.

Browser chrome.

Any other suggestions about this, or is it just a sit and wait for google thing?

Thanks

Tim

Hi @Tim_Wright, pretty much everyone else has had this issue resolved by following the steps listed. Look at the third-party access in your accounts.google.com page and remove AppSheet entirely. It is possible that something may be listed as โ€˜Unverified Developerโ€™ and if so, delete that entirely too. Then sign in to AppSheet again

Hi Praveen, thanks that did work on the second attempt. Maybe I didnโ€™t close down chrome properly the first time. Glad you kept at me to try again.

Tim

Tim,
Just try again. It works.
Mine is now working having followed the teacherโ€™s instruction.
Isaac

Any idea when this will be officially resolved? Iโ€™m having issues with this today.

@Rosemary_Black if you take the steps listed (one-time), the issue should no longer occur. Have you been able to try this? Thanks

Michael2
Participant V

This just hit me today. The resolution offered worked as described. How likely is this to affect all of my app users?

This doesnโ€™t affect users. Only app creators who had added a Google Calendar data source.

Well, I donโ€™t have any apps that use the calendar?

Has anyone who had trouble with this heard any reports of similar issues from their app end users?

Yes, two of my accounts have been locked out all last week. However, after ghosting, deleting, reinstalling, I have figured out that you need to go to the permissions page of the device/account affected and not the admin account that shared the app to that account. You might think this would be obvious but unfortunately not to . As admin I almost never log into a sub account. Sighโ€ฆAll working now.

Edit: I swear I have three degrees. Have you ever worked on something for ten hours hit two buttons and it worked. Ugh.

Sorry, I should have made that clear. Wasted hours of your time.

Thanks you so much!

thanks

It works !! 5 stars support.

Thank you for helping out.
It works instantly.
To all others in same shoe, just follow the teacherโ€™s instruction.
Isaac

Praveen,
thank you so much for such a quick and thorough response!

Worked like a charm.
Bonnie

Thanks! Had the same login problem and this post helped me too.

alanoe
Participant II

Yesterday (Nov 18th) I changed browser from MS Edge to Chrome. Now when login in to Appsheet I get the message - Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this appโ€ฆThis app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in.

Still doing this 24 hours later.

Help please, I have to carry on with development.

Thank you

Apologies, have just seen Praveens helpful note and have followed his suggestion. All OK now. Sorry to bother you.

Excellent!

Have followed instructions but still receiving error message. Have logged out of all Google accounts and signed back in, cache has been cleared, rebooted etc.
Its been over 10 minutes since first worked through instructions.
Thanks

I was actually editing Apps only 4 hrs ago and this has only occurred from then till now?
Cheers

If you have multiple Appsheet and Google logins you need to remove it from every Google account.
Mine works now after removing from all Googke accounts.
Cheers