I'm developing a restaurant App, and I have a...

I’m developing a restaurant App, and I have an ORDERS and DETAILS tables, they are master/detail structure. To acelerate the process of “Take orders” I want to add an ACTION BUTTON to copy the last order of the CLIENT and all the DETAILS rows related to that order. How Can I do this? @Aleksi_Alkio, @Santiago, @Ryan_Bundt_AppSheet

0 6 560
6 REPLIES 6

You can’t… However, from what I understand appsheet is working hard to bring us this in the near term.

@Grant_Stead Any idea to implement something similar? Did you find any alternative way to do not the same but near?

@Fernando_Lopez No. it entails adding a row completely without anyone clicking save, etc. You can do it in the backend with various scripting, etc. but then it doesn’t look seamless to the end user…

I had played around with lists and referencing them and actions on them and all sorts of crazy, and in the end, these types of things just simply REQUIRE this feature.

Thank you @Grant_Stead !!! One more question please, How can I filter the last “n” rows? I want to create a list of just the last 3 orders of a client?

@Fernando_Lopez You will want to use an orderby expression. but things star to get tough in that arena when you want to get specific with the number of entries… (I’m not the best expression guy…)

As Grant explained, you need to use scripting. It’s doable but it’s not very handy for the user because you need to wait maybe few minutes and then sync again to see the result. You can read 3 lasts records with the TOP(ORDERBY(SELECT(…),[DateTimeColumn],FALSE),3)

Top Labels in this Space