I'm fairly new to appsheet but I was hoping t...

I’m fairly new to appsheet but I was hoping to get some help…

I’ve got an app I’m working on that the user gets points for certain actions in a table [M Detail]. Now the summary of those points is held in the parent table [Workouts], the only problem is that the summary calculation doesn’t happen unless I edit the [Workouts] form. I’ve tried app formula (which requires the edit), and virtual columns (which seem to sometimes loses data).

Is there anyway to force and update to the parent table without actually opening it up for edit?

0 4 299
4 REPLIES 4

I’m not sure I understand.

It is often the case that changes to values in one table won’t be reflected on another table in the app until one taps on Sync.

Are you saying that you tapped on Sync and it still wasn’t reflected?

Come to think of it, I had an experience like that today – for the first time in a long time.

I had to tap Sync a second time to get all of the values to display correctly.

Ordinarily, however, one Sync is enough.

If you use a normal column with an app formula, you always need to open & save the record before those calculations are made. With the virtual column you don’t need to open & save the record.

@Aleksi_Alkio I’ve used the virtual column in the past and sometimes I’ve had trouble with it not holding a value. It’s probably something I’ve not done correctly. I’ll try that and if I run into the issue again I’ll reach out… Thanks

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space