I'm having a really tough time with a simple ...

I’m having a really tough time with a simple duration field with Appsheet. Just when I think I’m getting competent at it, I come across something like this and I don’t know what on earth is going on. Take a look at the screenshot…

Simple Form. One UniqueID field. One Ref. One Text. One Duration.

The problem I’m having is I can’t fill & save anything in the duration field.

The other fields work great, but as soon as I enter something like 00:01:14 into the duration field and click “Save”, it clears the duration field, and highlights it in red.

Please help. I was making great progress but am stuck with this. Is a duration field something you can’t have on a form? Do I have to have a decimal field, and can only use duration in a virtual column? Am I not using this or inputting correctly? Or is it just broken?

0 5 285
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Greg_Huston, May we know , what purpose you are using this manually entered “duration” field?

As per my understanding,you may wish to define the duration column as type “time” with initial value of “00:00:00” ,if it is only time duration that you are interested in.

However exact configuration of your field will depend on for what type of calculations you are using this field for.

It seems that there is something wrong because it should not work like that. I was able to reproduce the same behavior and we need to investigate what could be the possible reason for this behavior. Thanks.

I felt like it might be a bug. I am using it for simply recording a duration. I want to know that a certain process takes X amount of time, so when I go to quote a product, I can pull in that duration field and have it automatically calculate cost.

@Greg_Huston, it should now be fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

I was also facing the same problem.

Top Labels in this Space