I'm having a really tough time with a simple ...

(Greg Huston) #1

I’m having a really tough time with a simple duration field with Appsheet. Just when I think I’m getting competent at it, I come across something like this and I don’t know what on earth is going on. Take a look at the screenshot…

Simple Form. One UniqueID field. One Ref. One Text. One Duration.

The problem I’m having is I can’t fill & save anything in the duration field.

The other fields work great, but as soon as I enter something like 00:01:14 into the duration field and click “Save”, it clears the duration field, and highlights it in red.

Please help. I was making great progress but am stuck with this. Is a duration field something you can’t have on a form? Do I have to have a decimal field, and can only use duration in a virtual column? Am I not using this or inputting correctly? Or is it just broken?

(Suvrutt Gurjar) #2

Hi @Greg_Huston, May we know , what purpose you are using this manually entered “duration” field?

As per my understanding,you may wish to define the duration column as type “time” with initial value of “00:00:00” ,if it is only time duration that you are interested in.

However exact configuration of your field will depend on for what type of calculations you are using this field for.

(Aleksi Alkio) #3

It seems that there is something wrong because it should not work like that. I was able to reproduce the same behavior and we need to investigate what could be the possible reason for this behavior. Thanks.

(Greg Huston) #4

I felt like it might be a bug. I am using it for simply recording a duration. I want to know that a certain process takes X amount of time, so when I go to quote a product, I can pull in that duration field and have it automatically calculate cost.

(Praveen Seshadri (AppSheet)) #5

@Greg_Huston, it should now be fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

(Challa Ramakrishna) #6

I was also facing the same problem.