I'm having a sync problem very much like the ...

(Kirk Masden) #1

I’m having a sync problem very much like the problem I reported a year ago (which was resolved then but seems to have come back).

Has anyone else been experiencing sync issues?

In my case, an extra sync fixes the problem.

https://plus.google.com/105035465983967629689/posts/gTGG667oxM8

(Dinh Nguyen Nguyen) #2

@Kirk_Masden Hi Kirk, it has been a while since you last reported this issue. Is it still happening to the same app or a different app? What are the names of the affected apps and tables? Has anything changed in your spreadsheets since you last reported this (for instance, new formulas or settings)?

(Kirk Masden) #3

Thank you very much, @Harry.

The problem is occurring in a newer version of the same app.

The name of the app is 171125MySR-230844.

The UX where I have noticed the problem this time is the “Welcome” UX, which is a menu view.

This UX reads from a sheet called

“Welcome,” which collates data from another sheet called “Kankaku,” which sums up data from yet other sheets in the same book.

Now that I think of it, I may be able to avoid going through the “Kankaku” sheet and have the “Welcome” sheet summarize that data directly.

Do you think this is the source of my problem?

Is there a limit to the depth of the sheet references that we can expect to be reflected in a single synk?

I may have changed some settings – I’ve been tweaking this app for quite some time now – but I’m not sure what changes might be relevant.

(Kirk Masden) #4

After explaining how I have an extra sheet in between my “Welcome” sheet and the sheet that actually collates the data, I decided to try getting rid of the intervening sheet and putting the formulas that count the number of cards (e.g. “countif(‘W to D’!L$2:L,”>0")", etc., directly into the concatenate formula in my sheet on “Welcome.”

Unfortunately, however, this didn’t help.

The image below shows how the “Welcome” view has failed to reflect the data change that has occurred in the spreadsheet.

After I took this screenshot, however, I synced the data one more time (in this case, I think it was the fourth sync) and then the data was reflected correctly.

(Kirk Masden) #5

Good morning @Harry!

I just wanted to let you know that my problem is persisting – the first sync almost never works correctly but the app eventually “catches up” with subsequent syncs.

To be clear, much of the app syncs well the first time.

It’s just that, for some reason, the “Welcome” view does not.

Perhaps other users have not complained because the particular combination of factors that is causing the problem with this page is rather unusual.

(Kirk Masden) #6

By the way, trouble with my “Welcome” view prompted me to post this:

plus.google.com - I’d like to ask about the “Spreadsheet formulas” that AppSheet creates for c… I’d like to ask about the “Spreadsheet formulas” that AppSheet creates for c… plus.google.com

(Kirk Masden) #7

Resolved (sort of):

plus.google.com - I’d like to ask about the “Spreadsheet formulas” that AppSheet creates for c…

Though my issue is hereby resolved, the issue of what “regenerate” is not a complete regeneration remains. I’d like to ask about the “Spreadsheet formulas” that AppSheet creates for c… plus.google.com

(Kirk Masden) #8

UPDATE:

The “regenerate” technique that I THOUGHT had made the difference was, in fact, not what fixed the problem.

It was allowing “DELETES” (even though I don’t really want anything to be deleted) that seems to have made the difference.