Im my app i have that following structure: t...

Im my app i have that following structure:

task_table > task_comments_table >pictures_task_comments_table

I’m trying to put a Format Rule to put a camera icon next to the comment that have pictures, to help the user to identify more quickly what comments have pictures in it. So, my initial idea to achieve that was creating an action that record “TRUE” in a column in the row of the pictures_task_comments_table, but in fact i need to record that TRUE condition in the task_comments_table, so, i’m stuck on that task, i tried everything to get that value from one table to another without any success. tried Ref, then de-ref, tried to create an action that records the value in the proper table, but i think i’m going to the wrong way every time i do that. Any suggestion? Thank you so much.

0 9 410
9 REPLIES 9

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your help, i got it working putting the following formula in the Format Rule condition for the second table: COUNT([SecondVirtualListColumn])>0 it worked as i wanted, thanks for your help…i need to improve a lot of my knowledge using expressions for lists and aggregates in Appsheet.

I’m trying to understand the concept of reference actions, i think that’s my way to go.

I’m assuming you are using ref fields. Then you could try to read the status from the “last” table like COUNT(SELECT([FirstTableVirtualListColumn][SecondTableVirtualListColumn]))>0

I thought you wanted to read the count from the pictures_task_comments table to task_table.

But you wanted to read only for task_comments table, correct?

@Aleksi_Alkio Sometimes it’s hard to describe a task using only text, sorry for that, but in fact what i wanted to do was to put a format rule in the task comments based on a value(TRUE) from pictures_task_comments. Take a look at the attached image, the first item from the ref list have pictures in it

and the second don’t .

If it’s difficult to write the request, it’s more difficult to understand sometimes When reading questions and explanations, you can have so many different images in your head. But it doesn’t matter

I can imagine how hard can be to try to understand others ideas…but

i know too that you guys from Appsheet do everything to Help us get better and better…thank you.

It’s a good goal

Top Labels in this Space