I'm not sure if there is existing solutions t...

I’m not sure if there is existing solutions to solve this, but please allow me to post as feature request.

Using Enum or Enum list, it turns to be “static”, end users will not be able to add something new to the listed items which are added by app creators.

To give the option and flexibility to the end user to selection of items in dropdown list,

Ref type column will solve this problem. Users are able to add new items as far as referred table are set appropriately (can add, update).

However, this ref type column is just “Enum type”, user can select single item out of the list.

If we could use the list like Enum List type, i.e. to allow users to multiple items, it would give more flexibility to users to select items into single column.

Ref type column in combination of Enum List is awaited for me.

Or is there any tips to achieve this for now? Am I missing existing solution to achieve this?

0 6 362
6 REPLIES 6

If you edit the definition (EnumList), you can find the option AllowOtherValues. If you set this to TRUE, users are able to add own options as well.

Hi, this is not a case here.

Yes, to select multiple values to single columns we set type of column to Enum list, but what i m saying here is to set column type to “Ref” then we have “option” to select multiple items like Enum list set up.

No I don’t understand… this statement “Using Enum or Enum list, it turns to be “static”, end users will not be able to add something new to the listed items which are added by app creators.” is not true, because you can use option AllowOtherValues. Would you please open this one a little, thanks:-)

Sorry, my explanation was not well organized.

When i set column type to “Ref”, then i wish to select multiple items from referenced items (like Enum list Type).

Is it possible?

Unfortunately it’s not possible at this moment.

Okey, understood. Hope we would get this sometime in the near future then.

Top Labels in this Space