I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something t...

MultiTech
Participant V

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or something that needs to be requested.

When I create a slice, the views for that slice don’t go off of the root table’s views, instead the app creates it’s own quick view for the slice.

It seems like the system should default to the root table’s views if there isn’t something specified for the slice - but it’s not doing that.

I don’t know if that’s a bug or not.

But it’s kinda annoying to have to create duplicate views if I don’t want anything to be different.

Then you get into the area of forgetting to update these duplicates when you make changes to the root table’s views.

Bug or no?

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet

0 4 349
4 REPLIES 4

Matt, do you mean you set up an explicit top level view for the slice, but then the details view is not inheriting what you set up for the table?

MultiTech
Participant V

No.

When I create a slice, but do NOT create any views for it, one would assume it would use the base table’s views.

Slices are not doing this.

They’re creating a fast view and using those.

Now once I create a view for the slice it uses that.

It’s when I DON’T create a view that it’s doing it’s own thing.

How do you ever get to view the slice at all? There must be something at the top level that leads you into some view over the slice, right?

MultiTech
Participant V

Say I’ve got two tables with a ref between them; in the parent I have a REF_ROWS() of all the children.

If I create a slice, say to filter out all the completed orders and only leave those still pending, and change my REF_ROWS() formula to the slice instead of the root table.

I’ve now got an inline view that does whatever it wants, and a detail that does the same.

If I want these to look like the root table, I have to create views for them.

Clones of the primary table.

Seems like a bug.

Top Labels in this Space