I'm trying to create links to different views...

I’m trying to create links to different views based on the role someone selects when they sign in.

The link expression verified but it when it appears it’s read only.

I placed the expression in a virtual column - and I’m guessing there is no way to uncheck read only?

Is there another way I could accomplish this?

0 5 403
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, what is the column type that you are using? For the link to work, you need to use the App column type. Also, instead of manually creating the link, you can use the link expressions listed in the article below:

help.appsheet.com - Column Type: App (Deep Links) Column Type: App (Deep Links) help.appsheet.com

Not sure I understand.

I created a virtual column and placed the expression in the app formula.

In the end I deleted it and just created a dashboard that has a sign in for each role and the finishing view takes them where I want.

Not the prettiest workaround but definitely the easiest for me to figure out.

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, it is possible to use virtual column as a link, but you still need to set the type of the virtual column to type “App” (seen screenshot below).

It was by default.

I thought it had something to do with that field being read only.

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, the link should still work even if the column is read-only. Have you tried changing the column type to App? What was the expression that you use to create the link?

Top Labels in this Space