Im trying to do something pretty simple.. I w...

Im trying to do something pretty simple… I would like to have an ENUM dropdown with set dates from my Google Sheets page.

I have used ENUMs many times and its always worked but i cant get the dates to format correctly within appsheet.

The dates show up perfect in Google Sheets but for some reason in Appsheet 1 of 2 things happen.

1. The ENUM dates ONLY show the dates that have been used in google sheets and NOT all the options. 2. The ENUM dates show half date half number combinations.

I just need the ENUM to show ALL the google sheets dates formatted correctly.

Can somebody help me here?

0 7 344
7 REPLIES 7

What Valid_If formula are you using? Have you checked that all fields are really dates in your gSheet?

I don’t know how critical it is (or if at all), but I always make sure my spreadsheet cell formats match AppSheet’s expectations as closely as possible. For instance, in your case, I’d make sure the spreadsheet column format is explicitly set to Date, not Automatic.

@Aleksi_Alkio I dont have any set conditions, so no valid_if, just want it to show up everytime.

Double checked the dates again and they are for sure dates

Thank you

+Steve Coile Double checked again, and they are for sure dates… I can even double click the dates on the ENUM list in Google Sheets and the calendar pops up.

Everything works perfect in the Google Sheets, but for some reason AppSheet is interpreting the information differently.

Thank you

What I don’t understand… If you are using dates from another table for the Enum dropdown, how do you read them if you don’t have any formula in a Valid_If?

@Aleksi_Alkio I guess I dont really understand what you are asking… I have 10 different apps running, each one uses an ENUM dropdown in at least 1 table, none of them have any condition under Valid_IF.

I even have another dropdown in this table and there is nothing there for Valid_IF, but they all work. The only difference here is im trying to use dates, not text.

When somebody is using the app, they hit the plus sign to add an entry.

From there I use ENUM dropdowns to control user input.

By having Valid_If blank, the user still can see/select the relevant ENUM option.

Do you something different with the Valid_If portion?

I dont want any conditions, i want the ENUM to always show, and im pretty sure by leaving Valid_If blank, it defaults to being valid 100% of the time.

Okay… then I have misunderstood this post. I thought you were reading dates from another table when you wrote like… “I would like to have an ENUM drop down with sets from my Google Sheets page.”

Top Labels in this Space