I'm very confused about the different behavio...

I’m very confused about the different behavior from one App I have build some weeks ago, and another one I’m building now. Could be a bug? The problem happens with tables that result from a query function. The view for that table in the old App display all the rows. The new one do not display the first row (the one that have the formula). See the pictures below:

0 9 333
9 REPLIES 9

Both are read_only tables / read_only fields?

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, both are read_only.

Do you still have an issue with this one?

Yes. I tested it again with same result.

What is your account ID and the app name. I can quickly check the reason if it’s okay for you.

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes. I will make an example for you with name fields in English.

Well, well, well, when I’m building the example in English to send to you I found that the problem is not with AppSheet. At least, reveal why AppSheet build the things differently in some cases.

This: =QUERY(Customers!A2:D;“select B, C where D = ‘Y’”) gives the same result of this =QUERY(Customers!A2:D;“select B, C where D <> ‘N’”) right? (if all D rows have one of these values Y or N)

So, in the example I have build, I got this:

ID

Result William Hudson hudson@nostromo.com Ellen Ripley

ripley@auriga.com Maria de Lourdes maria_lurdes35@hotmail.com

Where is the problem? Well, if I change the range from A2:D to A:D the difference comes up:

First query gives this: ID

Result William Hudson hudson@nostromo.com Ellen Ripley

The second one gives this: ID

Result Name

Email William Hudson hudson@nostromo.com Ellen Ripley

Thank you for your help, because lead me to understand what’s happen.

I believe it would be better to use the expression like… QUERY(Customers!A2:D;“select B, C where D = ‘TRUE’”)

Ya, you are right. I rarely use “True”/“False” because I can’t use it in my own language (must be “S”/“N” instead of “Y”/“N”). So, normally, I use Text/Enum field types.

Top Labels in this Space