Image loading time

If you have both options available, do you lean toward displaying image via an url or upload?

I have a table with close to a thousand exercises and uploaded an image found online for each record. Would the app load faster if I use the url option instead? Are all the pictures downloaded during the initial sync?

Solved Solved
1 2 226
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™m not aware of anything in AppSheet that would prevent using either or both.

Theyโ€™re functionally equivalent. All images, regardless whether they are identified by URL or by path, are retrieved by the app using a URL. For images identified by path, the app constructs a URL that points to a service at AppSheet that serves the image specified by the path.

I would expect no difference.

I believe they are loaded on-demand unless Store content for offline use is ON.

3X_f_0_f0f990ab5a0e56c2c73dcd42fa567b25c4a8e8a9.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™m not aware of anything in AppSheet that would prevent using either or both.

Theyโ€™re functionally equivalent. All images, regardless whether they are identified by URL or by path, are retrieved by the app using a URL. For images identified by path, the app constructs a URL that points to a service at AppSheet that serves the image specified by the path.

I would expect no difference.

I believe they are loaded on-demand unless Store content for offline use is ON.

3X_f_0_f0f990ab5a0e56c2c73dcd42fa567b25c4a8e8a9.png

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space