Image on report using table from other app

I have an app using mysql where I capture images from field work. then I have supervisors app and I want to make a report triggered from the supervisor app. everything works fine but images do not appear, what do I have to do?

Solved Solved
0 2 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, above mentioned workaround is for the case where the app are created by the different appsheet account.

In case your apps, field workers and supervisors are created under the same appsheet account, then go to the fields workers app, visit Info pane, properties tab. Copy the Default app forlder - which is relative path to the image folder.

Then go to the supervisor app, and visit the same place and overwrite the file folder path by pasting it.

Both app will start to refer the same folder for the files, inc images.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

On the supervisitor app, the table with the image type colum which is generated by another app for field workers, hide the image field. Then create the virtual column and construct the URL to reach to the image. On that URL, you need to put the name of app as a part of URL (Params), but make sure to put the name and ID of field workers app.

Two different app will refer to the different image field, but the images should be identical across the apps.

On the supervisor app, the image is READ-ONLY, but I assume you are fine with it.

Sorry, above mentioned workaround is for the case where the app are created by the different appsheet account.

In case your apps, field workers and supervisors are created under the same appsheet account, then go to the fields workers app, visit Info pane, properties tab. Copy the Default app forlder - which is relative path to the image folder.

Then go to the supervisor app, and visit the same place and overwrite the file folder path by pasting it.

Both app will start to refer the same folder for the files, inc images.

Top Labels in this Space