Image upload size per collumn

hcquadros
Participant IV

Set the image upload size per collumn to adjust for the each situation, not for the entire app.

Status Open
4 7 251
7 Comments
LeventK
Participant V

You can play with it via Format Rule

hcquadros
Participant IV

Via Format Rule I can change it for workflow templates only.

I have a single field that I need a full sized image, but I cannot change it and not change every other image field (and seriously impacting sync time and storage capacity).

Julien
Participant IV

I have a similar case where a minority of images must be full (for pinpointing a high quality map) and the majority of images could be Medium of High.
There is a huge difference in size from Full to High. Full is around 1-2 Mo where the same picture in High is around 400 Ko.
Any workaround is welcome!
Thanks for helping!

hcquadros
Participant IV

I haven’t found any workaround.

For a particular case (basically a private app), I’ve been using file type collumns for full size images. It works, but it is not reliable because the user cannot open the camera to take a photo, only can get from the photo from the gallery. Also, file type collumns accept many other formats and you cannot limit the formats you want.

Julien
Participant IV

Hi AppSheet team,

The possibility to set the image upload size per table is getting very crucial for most of my Apps.
Is it something you could add to your future developments?

Thanks a lot !

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Julien
Participant IV

Hi AppSheet team,

Setting the image upload size per table is getting very crucial for most of my Apps.

I need the user to upload Full size for background map (and then use XY pins) but Medium for any other images. My Apps are currently getting too long to load because of too big images (thousands of them)

Is it something you could add to your future developments?

Is there any smart workaround?

Thanks a lot !