Images and how to auto rename upon adding in AppSheet?

Hello,

First, I am a total newb! So I am sorry if this is in the category of “stupid questions”. However, I do hope that the community will help as I am stuck.

So, I have an app that’s connected to a Google Sheet as the backend. What I am trying to do is to have the images that I upload do 3 things. I will try my best to explain here below in bullets:

1. Each image has a naming convention using the data in a field in specific columns in the spreadsheet (i.e. FirstName.FamilyName.[uniquenumber] - Eric.Smith.001)

2. The image is saved in a folder that is automatically created in Google drive using the “FamilyName” field.

3. The app finds the “FamilyName” field/identifier and sorts them into the same folder, essentially identifying each person with the last name, as of the same family. Note: I am aware that the last name is not a good identifier and have a “system” for that to avoid redundancy!!!

I have tried using the CONCETANATE value, but since I have no idea what I am doing I have failed. Miserably at that…

Please help!

0 1 822
1 REPLY 1

It’s not very clear exactly which part you are stuck on or are asking a question about. But here’s a recent tip on how to give custom names to files. Note that you will never have complete control over the names of files uploaded through the app.

Top Labels in this Space